Check out What Lenell Brown has Been up to This Year
END OF YEAR 2021 INTERVIEW
As we approach a new chapter, the dance music industry is celebrating the personal sounds that made this strange year a memorable one for electronic music artists such as Lenell Brown. Having solidified his place for one of the ultimate voices for EDM tracks, Lenell’s discography has been ever increasing with tracks of pure quality. His gospel upbringing paved the way for his career to span across the world, touring in places such as Japan, America and Switzerland whilst featuring on a number of collaborations with some of Spain’s top DJs and Producers such as The Zombie Kids, Fonsi Nieto and Robbie Rivera.
1. How has this year been for you?
This year has been full of ups and downs and I look forward to bringing in the new year.
2. What would you say has been your biggest highlight this year, both personally and career wise?
Career wise without a doubt the release of the “Bring It To life“ video series. Personally I would say it is watching my son and daughter rise to new levels in the music area. My son and his drumming and my daughter and her singing.
3. What are your hopes for your musical path in the coming 12 months?
To release some incredible new productions with some incredible collaborations as well as introducing some new voice styling on the productions.
4. How has your style developed since the start of the year now that you look back?
My style vocally has evolved into a more emotional sensual sound probably influenced by the times that we are living in with a covid-19 threatened world.
5. Do you have any exciting projects coming up next year?
We have new productions lined up for early summer after the completion of our “Bring It To Life“ video series.
6. Can you highlight any good outcomes of the lockdowns we have endured this year?
I think probably one of the best outcomes of the lockdowns is the appreciation of how life once was and that we should not take simple things in life for granted. Everything has value.
7. What are your favourite things about the holiday season?
Family, friends and great food and music, and laughter lots of laughter.
8. How will you be spending the holidays this year?
Quality time with family nothing beats it.
9. Do you have any unique traditions around the holidays?
Well we try and spend as much quality as possible as a family and each year my two kids take turns on who puts the star on top of the tree and who takes it off each year it rotates back and forth between them. Lifting them up to place the star on top seems to be getting harder each year lol.
10. What are your resolutions for the new year and how will you stick to them?
My New Years resolution is to stay fit which in this world with covid restrictions on gyms makes it a bit of a challenge . I have some good home equipment that should keep me on track but its just not the same vibe like being in the gym.
11. Got any wise words going into the new year?
Don’t give up Don’t turn back Keep pushing forward.
12. Lastly, how are you going to make sure you smash it in 2022?
Prayer. Lots and lots of prayer and HARD WORK !!!